One of the best ways to connect with your customers is to create and monetize your own video course. Video courses provide long-withstanding value all while giving your community a more personalized audio and visual experience.
But how does one go about building a video course? And where can you sell your own video courses? Below, we’ll outline exactly how to create and start selling video courses so that you can share this captivating content with your fanbase.
Why Should I Make My Own Video Course?
Building your own video course comes with plenty of benefits for both you and your customers. Here’s why every seller should consider building their own video course:
- Build A Stronger Connection With Your Customers: Video content is much more engaging than static creations. Building a video course gives your customers a chance to experience more of your personality and connect with you as a creator.
- Courses Are Easy To Scale and Segment: There’s no upper limit on how many courses you can sell. Larger courses can also be segmented into smaller packages to expand product offerings.
- Video Courses Are A Low-risk Digital Product: Video courses are digital products, so you don’t have to invest money in physical inventory. You can probably make a video course using the tools you already have at home, and selling your course on Koji is free with Sell Video Courses.
What Is A Koji?A Koji is a type of interactive media that can help you sell your products, downloads, services or premium content. To create a Koji, simply select a template and customize before sharing the unique URL on Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, WhatsApp, or anywhere else!
How To Make And Sell Your Own Video Course In 5 Easy Steps
Ready to start selling? Here’s how to create and sell your own video course in five simple steps:
1. Select Your Topic
Every seller has monetizable skill sets that can connect them to an audience. Take a look at your personal brand and select an area of expertise. What subject have you proven to understand inside and out? What stories and insights can you provide?
2. Do Your Research And Brainstorm
It might be a good idea to watch a couple of online courses yourself to take stock of what’s out there. Also, pay close attention to what your community is asking for! Are you constantly getting a similar message or question in your comments? Turn your answers into a course– it’s a great way to give your audience the answers they’re looking for while taking in some compensation.
3. Create The Content
The most important part of creating a monetizable video course is building something of value. That being said, you don’t necessarily need to have 4K footage to create something your community can actually use. Focus on communicating the tips and tricks your followers need to learn a skillset.
Then, get feedback from your friends– Is your course explaining everything effectively? Is it clear that your audience will walk away with valuable insights? The process of creating a video course is full of trial and error, but don’t get discouraged.
The more useful you can make your video course out of the gate, the more likely it is to connect with your consumers, but you can always improve your course even after it’s gone live.
Make your videos with a 16:9 video aspect ratio with a file size of less than 500MB to maximize performance on the platform.
4. Configure Sell Video Courses
Once you’ve built your video course, it’s time to configure your Sell Video Courses Koji template. Simply select “configure” on the template page, and upload your videos along with a title, description, and optional cover image for each step of the course.
Finally, set your price for your course and save it to get your unique URL to share with your followers. You can also offer to unlock by email or social following if you want to prioritize sign-ups.
5. Share To Sell
Upon saving your Sell Video Courses Koji, you’ll receive a pop with a unique URL you can share directly on social media, within a link in bio, or anywhere else on the internet. To start selling, you’ll need to start sharing.
In many cases, it’s best to pair your storefront link with content that shows what you’re offering. Not sure how to start sharing? Use these seller examples to spark some inspiration:
- A musician might share a video depicting their progress as a guitar player with a link to their video course
- Sellers can share positive feedback or notes they’ve received from users who have already taken the course
- A chef could tease some of the recipes showcased in his or her course along with a link to their Koji
- Share snippets of the course linking out to your Koji for viewers to purchase in full
Fortunately, you can use your Koji dashboard to analyze and optimize your content, helping you earn more sales. There isn’t one right way to excel as a seller, so experiment often with your content to connect with your community, and hence, earn sales.
Video courses are an awesome digital product that provides long-term value for your audience. Have fun creating and customizing your own school and storefront with Koji!
5 Free Strategies To Target Social Shoppers
Key Trends For Social Commerce Sellers In 2023