Viral posts are a great way to get more eyes on your brand. However, creating a post that is capable of going viral requires some finesse. When you center your post around breaking news, it can even capture the attention of the press, ensuring that your post is front and center across countless sites.
Jump on the Latest Trends
The latest trends are out there for you to pounce on – but you cannot expect to get a post to go viral if it’s the same trend that everyone has already pounced all over. You don’t want to get the leftovers. Instead, you need to know how to spot the trends even before they’ve become trendy.
Knowing how to spot market trends requires a bit of research. You can use an RSS feed aggregator (like Feedly) as a way to learn about what’s being talked about. You can also have a look on Twitter for the trending hashtags. Once the topic has made it to Buzzfeed and HuffPo, the breaking news has already been broken.
Does that mean that breaking news covered somewhere else can’t go viral? No. However, you need to be able to put a fresh spin on it. Otherwise, it’s regurgitated information that people don’t need you for.
If you’re able to find the latest trend AND put a fresh spin on it, you’ve got a better chance of it going viral.
Make Your Post Interactive
Some of the best posts are worthy of being shared because they’re compelling. They’re almost screaming out to be read (or even played). They engage the reader in the highest way possible, which also means that people are more likely to share the post on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media channels.
Koji can help you to create interact posts that you can use to share your brand on social media. A template gives you the start you need, and there’s no coding involved. In just minutes, you can have your brand turned into something more interactive and shared on Snapchat, Reddit, Twitter, and even Instagram Stories.
Stand Out on a Subject
Whether you’re a brand, a journalist, or even an opinionated individual, you want to stand out on certain subjects. You want people to stop and listen to what you have to say. In order for them to care about what you’re saying, you have to know what it takes to stand out. This includes being able to amplify your feelings. After all, you want to create an opinion piece. If people want the news, they’ll go to Fox, CBS, ABC, or the New York Times. They’re not going to get basic trending news from you.
Everyone’s reading comments and opinions. Koji allows you to break through the noise with a bit of fun.
You can provide your opinion on trending news in an interactive way. You may have a unique angle or opinion on the latest, greatest news that people agree with you on. Even if people disagree, it can get you noticed. After all, arguments are a great way to help you go viral. However, if you take an angle that isn’t favorable, be prepared to stand your ground. You have to be passionate about a topic if you want to go viral on it – otherwise, you could be in for quite some online turmoil.
Follow Some Tips
There are some tips that can help you create viral content, too. Some of it involves how you’re going to say what you need to say while other tips focus on getting your content shared by the right sites (and the right people).
- Know your audience. While this might be a “duh” moment, you have to make sure that you know the audience you want to reach with your breaking news. How you make your point and where you share your post will matter based on who you want to connect with. Otherwise, your post will fall short.
- Partner with influencers. Consider some of the top influencers for your audience. Reach out to them to see if you can partner to cross-promote content and products. You may also want to tag influencers within your post in the hopes that they will have a similar view and share it with all of their followers.
- Share your content on popular pages. Once you make your post, share it on some popular (and active) pages so that you can get more eyes on it. This will help your post to get distributed much faster.
- Get to the point quickly. Rather than sharing a three-page dissertation that will bore people, make your point in a way that is more exciting so that it has a chance to go viral. Koji interactive posts make this easy.
- Use interactive content. Interactive posts, mini-games, quizzes, and other interactive content help to get people to engage with what it is that you’re talking about. Let people voice their opinion on what it is that you’re sharing, too. When you do this, it will be easier for your post to gain some traction.
In the end, you have a unique point-of-view that deserves to be heard. What you say and how you say it matters. Not every post is going to go viral. However, there are plenty of things that you can do to give your posts the best possible chances of going viral.
With the help of Koji, you can make an interactive post by using a template. You can remix the template, make it your own, and have something that can be posted in just minutes. With the live preview, you know exactly what it’s going to look like before you decide to share it with the world. The customization ensures that you get a post live in no time at all that is worthy of being shared by the masses.
When you’re ready to create more interactive posts in the hopes of going viral, try Koji today. It’s easy to use and completely free! Plus, you don’t need to be a tech guru to get it done.