Shoutout is one of the most popular apps in the Koji App Store. It creates engaging, shareable moments between creators and their fans through videos. People can request a personalized video using a mobile device or webcam. After a response is recorded, supporters have the option to record a reaction of themselves watching the personalized video for the first time and share it on social media.
As our App Store evolves, we’re committed to bringing new capabilities to your favorite apps. Shoutout 2.0 builds on the foundation of its predecessor but features a redesign and new management tools for you to use within the app.
This article will introduce you to Shoutout 2.0 and the new capabilities available within the app.
New Capabilities with Shoutout 2.0
The Shoutout 2.0 app is free to use and available in the Koji App Store. The newly redesigned app provides several new features for you to enjoy, including:
- An optional chat to talk with your fans and followers for clarification and questions
- A new attachment feature available through chat
- A tipping feature for fans if they are happy with their personalized videos
How to Create Your Shoutout
Shoutout 2.0 can be added to your Link in Bio in just a few simple steps. Here are the steps you need to follow to set up the app:
- Add a cover – Upload a video from your camera roll, record a video directly from your mobile device, or choose from thousands of images available in Koji Asset Packs.
- Add a description – Write in some details so that people know what to expect when they request a video from you.
- Set the price – How much do your Shoutouts cost? You may change how much you charge at any time. You cannot modify the price of requests you have already received or completed.
- Set additional rules – Explain the types of video messages you would like to make and receive from your supporters.
How Does It Work?
Shoutout 2.0 offers controls for managing and fulfilling requests from your supporters. The app’s new capabilities allow you to chat with your followers and fans who requested videos and view any attachments that they send you if needed.
Step 1: Supporters Request a Video
- Watch the intro video – This is where you’ve told them what kinds of videos you want to make, whether it’s birthday wishes, expert advice, a song request, or anything that you do.
- Submit a request – Requests are made by typing out instructions to ensure that the creator gets the correct information before they begin fulfilling.
- Requests appear in your app – Manage all your Shoutout requests in one place. Watch video messages and choose which ones to fulfill.
Step 2: Fulfilling a Shoutout
- Accept or decline the request – You have the choice to fulfill the request based on what is asked of you. The buyer will be notified when you decline and will be able to submit a request with a new video message.
- New chat feature – If you decide to fulfill the request, you can connect with your followers using the new chat feature to ask questions or communicate a timeline for when the video will be ready.
- 7-day time limit – If no action is taken on the request after seven days, the buyer is refunded and may choose to submit another request.
Step 3: Supporters Watch, Share, and Download your Video
- The buyer is notified upon fulfillment – Your supporter is given access to watch your video message.
- Share or download videos – Once complete, all videos are available in your Shoutout 2.0 app, including a picture-in-picture reaction video.
- Supporters can leave an optional tip – If your fans are happy with their personalized video, they have the option to leave you a tip within the app.
Give Everyone a Shoutout
You can use the Shoutout 2.0 app to offer all kinds of personalized videos to your supporters:
- Make a celebrity appearance – Record a video for your supporters and watch their reactions.
- Share your expertise – Spread your knowledge to curious supporters.
- Interact with podcast listeners – Create short videos for supporters of your podcast. Use the reactions in upcoming episodes or as extra content.
- Take song requests – Perform short songs for your fans, then watch them enjoy the music.
- Q&A – Let supporters ask you questions, then reply with answers.
- Birthdays, weddings, and events – Help someone celebrate an important milestone.
Take your Shoutout to the Next Level
Here are some best practices and strategies to take your shoutout to the next level:
- Set the tone – Make sure your greeting video matches the energy and style of what you’d like to receive. Only the best requests will get fulfilled, so encourage your fans to make high-quality video messages.
- Choose a fair price – If your Shoutout is too expensive, only a few might buy it. However, if it’s well-priced, you should expect to get a lot of requests.
- Add it to your Link in Bio – Your profile is seen by fans across all of your social media accounts. Make sure your Link in Bio has your Koji URL and that Shoutout 2.0 is prominently placed.
- Share it on social media – No downloads are required. Supporters can request videos from you right inside social media or your Link in Bio. Let them know about it!
Shoutout 2.0 is a versatile app with many new features and capabilities. We know the videos you make will help you connect with your followers, and we’re excited to provide new management tools to make that happen.
We’d love to hear your feedback, ideas, feature requests, and bugs. Twitter is the easiest place to get in touch — we’re @madewithkoji, and we can’t wait to see what you do with this updated app.