Many musicians are intimidated by Web3, but they don’t have to be. The future of music seems promising for indie musicians since the new iteration of internet is designed to put power back into the hands of creators.
Fortunately, Koji has plenty of apps for musicians, including those geared toward Web3 to help you monetize your fanbase and connect on a deeper level with your audience.
We’ll dive right into our mini app NFT Locked Audio below and share exactly how to utilize it within your link in bio below.
Why Should I Use NFT Locked Audio?
NFT Locked audio takes our Locked Audio mini app a step further by allowing your fans to unlock exclusive audio content via tokens listed on the Ethereum & Polygon blockchains. Here are a couple of reasons why you might want to give NFT Locked Audio a try:
- Introduce yourself and your fans to Web3. If you’ve been searching for an opportunity to immerse yourself or your audience into Web3, this is a great way to try it out! It only takes a couple of minutes to set up your NFT audio storefront and provides fans with quality audio content they can count on.
- Monetize your music using your own tokens. NFT Locked Audio is compatible with both Ethereum & Polygon blockchains as well as the ERC-721 & ERC-1155 token standards. This can help incentivize fans to take part in your token if they haven’t already.
- Transform your link in bio to your personalized storefront. With the power of Koji’s supercharged link in bio, you can instantly monetize your music at your own rates through NFT Locked Audio or other apps like Sell Physical Products (perfect for merch!) or Gift Me.
- Connect on a deeper level with fans. NFT Locked Audio provides your fans with unique experiences and audio keepsakes that they might not have access to otherwise. Your fans can provide direct feedback on what types of audio clips they would be interested in.
NFT Locked Audio Content Ideas
There are plenty of different ways to use NFT Locked Audio as a musician. Feel free to come up with your own use cases, but here are some locked audio content ideas to kick off your creativity:
- Share live versions of tracks
- Beats and Instrumentals
- Sound FX
- Samples and Loop packs
- Accapella vocals
- DJ tags
- Original demos
- Unreleased tracks
- Meditation tracks
- Multi-tracks or stems
- ‘Behind The Music’ type album or single narration
How Does NFT Locked Audio Work?
NFT Locked Audio only takes a couple of minutes to set up and is built into your Koji link in bio. All you need to do is “add” the NFT Locked Audio app to your profile – no downloading required. Best of all, fans using your NFT Locked Audio app can do so without leaving their host platform. To put the best foot forward for your loyal fans, take time to customize your Link in Bio according to your personal brand:
Next, you can start building your own NFT audio collection in the mini app! You can upload any mp3 or wav file, and select which token unlocks your content. You can also set a cover image, title, and description. Fans will be able to hear a brief preview of the audio with the in-app player.
Finalize your set up and you’re done! You can upload as many versions of the NFT Locked Audio mini app as you’d like to monetize multiple streams of audio or offer unique fan experiences.
How To Promote NFT Locked Audio
In order to make your NFT Locked Audio app a success, you’ll want to put some time and effort behind promoting it. Here are a couple of ways in which you can market your audio storefront to your audience:
Launch your mini apps properly.
You can’t expect your fans to magically find your mini apps without putting some promotion power behind them. Make sure you announce your NFT Locked Audio mini app launch on as many channels as possible. You’ll also make sure your first batch of Locked Audio content is particularly enticing. Whether that’s uploading unreleased songs or original demos, that’s up for you to decide.
Create a community behind your token.
Tokens are strengthened by the community centered behind them. If you’re offering your own token or are just a Web3 enthusiast, be sure to explore other NFT communities on sites like Discord, which can also be embedded in your link in bio. Koji’s Web3 intergration gives you a unique opportunity to market your music to this emerging community, so seek out new fans by sharing your tokenized content!
Shout out your supporters.
The most dedicated fanbases are centered around tight-knit communities. You can’t expect your fans to put time and effort into enjoying your art without spreading some love yourself. Be sure to shoutout some of your early audio NFT adopters through stories or social posts. A simple “thank you!” via DM can work wonders, too.
Brand your app.
One of the best parts of Koji apps is that you can customize link text and edit the app icons to taste. These customization features are more powerful than you think, since it shows fans that you’re crafting mini apps specially for them in your own way, in your own voice. For instance, if you’re gating an unreleased song, link text like, “Trade a token for tune!” might be more effective than the default text.
NFT Locked Audio is an excellent introduction into Web3 for both you and your audience. Enjoy creating your own tokenized audio store within your Koji link in bio!