IAY, or “I Asked You,” is a new app on the Koji App Store that lets you give your audience a prompt and collect music, video, image, and text submissions.
The app makes it easy for anyone to create engaging audience-powered reaction or compilation videos like PewDiePie or jacksfilms. It’s a powerful and engaging way to involve your audience in creating content, and we’re excited to share some of our favorite prompt ideas that you can try today.
IAY is available for free on the Koji App Store, and you can configure the app and be accepting submissions in minutes. Add the app to your Koji Link in Bio, or share the Deep Link, and your followers will be able to open it right inside YouTube, TikTok, or Instagram to share their submissions.
Here are some of our favorite IAY prompts that anyone can use to start crowdsourcing content. We’ve included live examples for a few of these so you can see them in action.
- Photoshop Challenge: Upload a picture of yourself and ask your fans to Photoshop it.
- Product Reviews: Ask people to post their favorite products and then pick your favorites to test and review.
- Livestream Music: Crowdsource the ultimate music playlist for your next live stream.
- Memes: Ask people to post their favorite memes, or make their own and share them.
- Reactions: Ask your followers to submit videos for you to react to.
- Storytime: Ask writers in your community to submit short stories or poems for you to read and react to.
- Advice Column: Start an “advice column” and take questions using the app.
- Travel Recs: Get travel recommendations before a trip—record and share the results.
- Mood Board: Create a group mood board for your next art project
- Cross-promotion: Crowdsource a list of your audience’s favorite creators—let fans share their favorite content from those creators
- Twitter Memes: Ask your followers to submit the funniest tweets of all time
- Music Videos: Ask fans to submit their must-watch music videos
- Impressions: Ask fans to record and submit their best impression of you
- Positivity: Start a positivity wall where people post something that makes them happy
- Link in Bio Reviews: Ask followers to post their own Link in bio for you to review in a video
- Starter Guides: Ask for the best tutorials, guides, and resources around a topic
- Fan Art: Give your followers a place to post their fan art
- Make Me Laugh: “Can You make me laugh?” Have people post funny stories, images, and videos
- Undiscovered Gems: Ask followers to share their favorite undiscovered things—games, music, restaurants, life hacks
- Follow For Follow: Give your fans a way to share their own accounts and connect with each other.
- Highlight Reel: Ask followers to upload their favorite highlights, bloopers, or random moments from your content
- Dance Trends: Ask people submit new dance trends for you to try out
- Charities: Ask followers to highlight their favorite charities and causes
If you have other ideas, or are using this app in interesting ways, we made our own IAY app for you to share them.