Between press features, music videos, tour announcements, and your favorite social posts, it can be challenging to funnel your fans to all the right places as a musician. Fortunately, Media Wall is here to make your life a lot easier.
Why Should I Use Media Wall?
You should definitely explore using Media Wall while building your link in bio. This mini-app allows you to create a customized feed of social posts, articles, music playlists, videos, and anything else — all within your bio link — helping to create a great first impression for managers, agents, promoters, journalists, and prospective collaborators looking learn more about you.
It only takes 5 minutes to set up within your Koji profile.
Here are just a few reasons why musicians are taking advantage of this must-have mini app:
- It keeps all of your links in one place. Media Wall provides visitors with the ability to see all of your press features and favorite social posts all within a single contained experience. Best of all, when users click on the Media Wall mini app, they stay on their host platform for a seamless experience.
- Media Wall opens up new ways to connect with your fans. Fans can easily miss press features or social posts depending on their personalized algorithm. Media Wall makes it easy for you to keep a running feed of what’s going on in your life.
- It creates a personalized portfolio in your link in bio. This mini app instantly converts your link in bio to a personalized portfolio that you can share with fans and prospective collaborators.
- Command more of your fans attention on social media. Give your supporters an alternative to scrolling through a home feed, and instead scroll through your own curated feed. You can even create more than once Media Wall to further customize each experience.
- It provides a shoutout channel for other artists and inspirations. You can also use your Media Wall app to share some other artists’ work. This is a great way to network and connect with new audiences.
Types of Content For Media Wall
There are endless possibilities when it comes to making Media Wall your own, but here are a few ideas of what you might want to put on yours as a musician:
- Showcase your top blog features
- Add a bio of you or your band
- Add streaming music recommendations
- Make a playlist of music videos
- Add high quality photos and album art that can be used for promo
- Show off analytics and stats that prove your star is on the rise
- Share inspiration behind your latest album or single
- Add a list of tutorials that help you be a better musician
- Add links to your favorite instruments and recording gear
- Feature interviews and music podcasts
- Include links to tour dates for upcoming shows
- Post a list of awards, achievements, notable performances, and career highlights
How Does Media Wall Work?
Media Wall is simple by design and can be set up within a matter of minutes. For starters, you’ll want to make sure you customize your Koji profile so that your Media Wall mini app has a home on an impressive landing page.
From there, you can start building your personalized feed in the mini app! For each item, you’ll be able to choose between embedding a video, social post, podcast, or music link. You can also add a custom link or create a text area.
You have the option to add a description for embedded items, and voila! Your Media Wall is ready for viewing. Fans can now stay up to date on your most recent career updates with your personalized feed.
How To Promote Media Wall
Setting up your Media Wall is the first step, but you’ll want to find ways to promote your new mini-app to take it to the next level! Here are a couple of ways you can promote your Media Wall to fans:
Don’t be shy.
The squeaky wheel gets oiled, the promoted mini-app gets used! Make sure you’re letting your fans know when you launch a new mini-app like Media Wall. You can also promote it periodically by linking out to it whenever you update the feed with new content that can draw in fans, or calling it out verbally in videos.
Brand to your advantage.
Don’t sleep on Koji’s free customization features. You’re able to change the Media Wall app image and link text which can help you draw in new fans. For instance, a fan might not know what “Media Wall” means, but they might click on link text like, “See what I’m up to!” or “News And Updates”.
Prioritize your presence.
Remember to treat your Media Wall like a portfolio. Since this is a customized feed, try to include pieces of high-performing content towards the the top of your feed, and always make sure to keep everything up to date. The more engaging links you have, the more likely you are to earn yourself a new fan.
When configuring Media Wall for the first time, it helps to first plan out the content and links you wish to highlights. Collect them all in an iPhone note or email first, so you can build with ease. Choose an overall theme for the content you’ll be adding and, most importantly, determine which audience you are building your Media Wall for. Fans? Industry? Each will be expecting a very different curated experience.
Media Wall is an amazing tool for musicians. Enjoy creating your personalized portfolio with Koji!